- Help Us!
How You Can Help
Give with your Kroger Plus Card!
Earn money for ACHS whenever you shop at Kroger — at no additional cost to you. Here’s how:
- Visit www.krogercommunityrewards.com
- Register for a Kroger account (you need a valid e-mail address)
- Join the rewards program with your Kroger Plus Card (3 easy steps, just follow the directions)
- Enter “Athens County Humane Society” under Organization Name (NPO Code will be 80074)
- Spend, Swipe and Save … the animals!
- Renew your commitment every April 1 — mark your calendar!
Why become a member?
- Support an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for companion animals in our community
- Vote in the annual election for the Officers and Directors of the Board
- Become eligible for election onto the Board of Officers and Directors
- Receive the ACHS newsletter to learn about our activities, pet care and other animal issues
Membership Terms defined
- Junior: Age 17 and younger, no voting privileges — $5 per year
- Individual: Age 18 and over, voting privileges — $25 per year
- Family: All members in one household, voting privileges for those members 18 and over — $40 per year
- Senior: Age 65 and over, voting privileges — $10 per year
- Life: Age 18 and over, voting privileges — $200 one-time donation
- Business: Organizations and businesses, no voting privileges — $100 per year
What do membership dues support?
- Low-cost spay and neuter options for the community
- Efforts to educate the community about spay/neuter and animal welfare issues
- Office expenses (paperwork for spay/neuter clinics, phone line, newsletter printing and mailing, etc.)
If you would like to become a member, mail your membership dues to ACHS Membership, PO Box 765, Athens, OH 45701. Include a note with your name, address, and type of membership.
Join a Committee!
You can join one of our committees.
The Membership Committee deals with issues pertaining to increasing membership, communicating with members, creating the newsletter, donations, and the election process.
The Education Committee works to provide information to the community about responsible pet ownership and humane animal issues.
The Fundraising Committee organizes events and other programs to help raise funds to support ACHS programs so that we can assist more animals in our community.
For information, e-mail us at email@example.com.
As a 100% volunteer-run organization, we always welcome new volunteers. There are lots of ways you can help!
- Organize or participate in a fundraising event
- Assist at a spay/neuter clinic
- Staff an ACHS booth at community events
- And more!
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to help us reduce pet overpopulation!
ACHS often needs temporary homes — usually for a month or two — for cats while we get them ready for placement in a new home or at one of our adoption sites. We provide food, litter pan and litter, and medical care. If you need a crate or a cage, we can lend you one. All you have to do is care for a cat until it’s ready to move on.
If you can open your home to a cat in need, click here to download a Foster Application.
Sponsor an ad featuring an adoptable animal for only $15!
For just $15, you can sponsor an ad featuring the picture of one of our adoptable animals in the Athens Messenger. The ad can feature your name (or you can be anonymous), or you can commemorate a loved one (human or animal!). If interested, e-mail email@example.com.
Thanks to these Athens County enterprises that support ACHS as business members:
If your business would like to support ACHS spay/neuter and other programs, send a check for $100, made payable to Athens County Humane Society, to PO Box 765, Athens, OH 45701. Include a note with your company name and address, and stating that you wish to become a business member.
ACHS also thanks The Local Girls, who have done a benefit concert for us every year. We are so honored to have such talented supporters!
The Humane Society is always in need of:
- animal crates or carriers (large and small)
- cat-sized humane traps (to trap feral/wild cats to be spayed/neutered)
- copy paper
- folders with pockets
- paper towels (for use at spay/neuter clinics)
- puppy pads (as cage liners during clinics)
- gas cards to fill the tank of our van, which we use to ferry animals to spay/neuter clinics in West Virginia
If you have items to donate, bring them to the Import House, 68 N. Court St., Athens. Hours are 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. Mon.-Sat. and noon to 5 p.m. Sun.
You can donate to the Athens County Humane Society via PayPal. We are registered 501(c)3 organization, so 100% of your donation is tax deductible!
To make an online monetary donation please click on the Donate button below.
Earn whenever you search the Web!
You can earn a donation for ACHS whenever you search the Internet or shop online by using GoodSearch. Here’s how:
- Visit www.goodsearch.com.
- Enter “Athens County Humane Society” in the organization box.
- Register on the site or use your social networking login.
- Download the GoodSearch toolbar plug-in (it will automatically detect your browser and operating system).
- Relaunch your Web browser and start searching and shopping!
Change your license plate!
Ohio pet-themed license plates not only declare your love for pets — they also fund ACHS! Proceeds from the sale of these special license plates go to the Ohio Pet Fund, which provides grants to animal rescues and shelters. ACHS uses Ohio Pet Fund grants to subsidize our low-cost spay/neuter clinics.
You don’t have to wait until your license plate renewal to get a plate. Order anytime and your registration fees will be prorated. To learn more and to order your plate, visit the Ohio Pet Fund Web site.