- Help Us!
The Athens County Humane Society sponsors several low-cost spay-neuter clinics each month. Reduced Prices shown below are available to qualifying Athens County residents. See the Reduced Price Eligibility tab below for qualifications.
|Prices include rabies vaccination||Standard Prices||Reduced Prices*|
|Cats||2 lbs. minimum||$55||$10|
|Dogs||2 to 20 lbs.||$65||$20|
|20.1 to 40 lbs.||$70||$25|
|40.1 to 60 lbs||$75||$30|
|60.1 to 80 lbs||$85||$35|
|80.1 to 100 lbs||$100|
These prices are too good to pass up!
Attend our First-Thursday Registration
Clinic registration open to anyone regardless of income or county of residence. Reduced prices are available to Athens County residents with proof of financial assistance (See Reduced Price Eligibility Tab). At registration, you will receive an appointment date and pre- and post-surgery instructions. Do NOT bring pets to registration.
WHEN: First Thursday of each month, 5-6 p.m.
WHERE: Market on State, in hall by Grand China Buffet
- Cash or Proof of online payment.
- Proof of financial assistance and Athens Co. residency to qualify for reduced prices (see Reduced Price Eligibility tab). Without proof of Athens Co. Residency and qualified assistance, you will be required to pay the Standard price.
Can’t make it to registration? Download, print and mail in with payment. You must include CONTACT INFORMATION, and PAYMENT (and correct PAPERWORK to qualify for reduced prices). A volunteer will contact you, preferably by text or email, to schedule your pet(s) for an upcoming clinic. It may be a couple weeks before you hear from us. Thanks for your patience. Reschedule up to two times. NO REFUNDS!
Pay Online (standard prices only at this time)
If paying online below, please forward your PAYMENT CONFIRMATION, PHONE NUMBER (preferably one we can text), MAILING ADDRESS, and PET NAME(S) to email@example.com. A volunteer will reply to get your pet(s) scheduled for an upcoming clinic. You do NOT need to attend registration. Reschedule up to two times. NO REFUNDS! We are still working to smooth out the online payment process. Thanks for your patience. Download and read the PRE and POST-OP INSTRUCTIONS prior to your scheduled clinic date. Thanks for getting your pets spayed and neutered!
1 cat (2 lb minimum) $55
2 t0 20 lb dog $65
20.1 to 40 lb dog $70
40.1 to 60 lb dog $75
60.1 to 80 lb dog $85
80.1 to 100 lb dog $100
Qualifications for Reduced Prices
To qualify for reduced spay or neuter prices you must:
- Provide proof of Athens Co. residency with a photo I.D., utility bill, etc.
- Provide proof of financial assistance from one of the listed qualifications below.
- Ohio Works First schedule letter (with ACJFS verification form)
- Ohio Direction Card (with ACJFS verification form)
- WIC card (with ACJFS verification form)
- Section 8 housing voucher
- Ohio Medicaid Card
- Veterans Benefits Administration letter acknowledging service-related disability
- Supplemental Security Income benefits letter
- Social Security Disability benefits letter
- Current tax return showing that your family income does not exceed 150% of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services poverty guidelines (see chart below).
|Persons in Family/Household||Income less than|
|For each additional person, add||$6,480|
Clinics fill fast! There may be a one- to two-month wait. If your pet is pregnant or could become pregnant before the appointment, we strongly urge you to have her spayed immediately with a local veterinarian, or at another low-cost clinic. Try the Humane Society of Parkersburg, 304-917-4275. Click here for a list of other potential clinics.
Direct spay/neuter inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org or call our info line and listen to the outgoing message at (740) 592-6047.