- Help Us!
Tomcat Testicle Tuesdays!
Tuesdays in February 2014, Milliron Clinic
Milliron Clinic, on SR 550 between Athens and Amesville, is offering cat neuters for just $20 every Tuesday in February. Call (740) 448-2801 or (740) 592-4282 to take advantage of this amazing deal!
So you want to have your pet spayed or neutered? Here is all of the information you will need.
Register and Prepay
Clinic registration and pre-payment (cash only*)
When: First Thursday of each month, 5-6 p.m.
Where: Market on State, inside the front entrance
- Cash (see Pricing tabs above). We cannot accept credit cards or personal checks. If you can afford it, please visit a local veterinarian to have your pet spayed or neutered. That will allow us to use our grant and donated funds for low-income residents in need.
- Photocopy of rabies certificate (not the tag) if up to date.
- Photocopy of photo I.D., if qualifying for financial assistance rate (see Qualification for Reduced Fees tab).
- Photocopy of financial assistance papers, if qualifying for financial assistance rate (see Qualification for Reduced Fees tab).
You will receive: An appointment date and pre- and post-surgery instructions.
There may be a one- to two-month wait. If your pet is pregnant or could become pregnant before the appointment, we strongly urge you to have her spayed immediately with a local vet, or at another low-cost clinic. (Try the Humane Society of Parkersburg low-cost spay/neuter clinic, 304-917-4275.) Click here for a list of other regional low-cost clinics.
DIRECT ALL INQUIRIES TO ACHS at firstname.lastname@example.org or leave a message on our voicemail at (740) 592-6047. Do NOT contact local veterinarians directly about ACHS spay/neuter clinics. It is not their responsibility to answer questions about fees, dates, cancellations, registration, policies, etc.
*Click on the Pricing tabs for details.
Qualification for Reduced Fees
To qualify for reduced-cost spay or neuter you must:
- Live in Athens County.
- Provide a photocopy of a photo I.D. that we can keep for our records, illustrating that you live in Athens County and that you are the person receiving financial assistance.
- Provide a photocopy of proof of qualification from ONE of the following:
- Ohio Works First schedule letter (with proof of verification form from ACJFS)
- Ohio Direction Card (with proof of verification form from ACJFS)
- WIC card (with proof of verification form from ACJFS)
- Section 8 housing voucher
- Ohio Medicaid Card
- Veterans Benefits Administration letter acknowledging service-related disability
- Supplemental Security Income benefit letter
- Social Security Disability benefit letter
- Tax return showing that your family income does not exceed 150% of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services poverty guidelines (see chart below).
|Persons in Family||Income less than|
|For each additional person, add||$3,960|
Please be sure to bring photocopies of your documents. We must keep proof of identity and financial assistance for our records.
If you can afford it, please visit a local veterinarian to have your pet spayed or neutered. That will allow us to use our grant and donated funds for low-income residents in need.
|Regular procedure||With mandatory rabies shot (+$10)||In heat/pregnant (+$5)||In heat/pregnant with mandatory rabies shot (+$15)|
|Weight (lbs.)||Regular spay||With mandatory rabies shot (+$10)||In heat/pregnant (+$5)||In heat/pregnant with mandatory rabies shot (+$15)||Regular male neuter||Neuter with mandatory rabies shot (+$10)|
Reduced fees for those who qualify for financial assistance (click Qualifications tab above):
|Regular procedure||In heat/pregnant (+$5)|
|Weight (lbs.)||Regular spay||In heat/pregnant (+$5)||Regular neuter|