- Help Us!
Registrations are held the first Thursday of each month, from 5:00 to 6:00 p.m. at Market on State (in hall by Grand China Buffet). Scroll down for details and click on tabs to see prices and how you may qualify for reduced fees.
If you cannot attend, send a friend. It’s easier for us and gets your pet scheduled promptly. If you absolutely cannot, then email ACHSspayneuter@gmail.com and follow auto reply instructions.
We’ve joined BISSELL Partners for Pets Program! BISSELL takes animal welfare seriously, and so do we. Together we will get more animals adopted, and spayed and neutered.
Thanks to The Athens Foundation, we’ve been able to further lower our reduced prices for low-cost spay/neuter, and increase the number of surgeries being performed!
Spay/neuter funding also comes from the Pets Ohio grant, through the Ohio Pets License Plates. All grant funding and donations allow us to continue to subsidize a portion of clinic costs for local residents and their pets!
Register and Prepay (CASH ONLY)
Clinic registration open to anyone regardless of income or county of residence. However, so that grant and donated funds can help low-income residents, please use your local veterinarian if possible.
WHEN: First Thursday of each month, 5-6 p.m.
WHERE: Market on State, in hall by Grand China Buffet
- Cash (see Prices tabs above). No other forms of payment accepted.
- Photocopy of rabies certificate (not tag), if up-to-date (potential $10 savings).
- Proof of financial assistance and Athens Co. residency if qualified for reduced prices (see Reduced Fee Eligibility and Reduced Prices tabs). Without qualified assistance, prepare to pay full price (see Standard Prices tab).
At registration, you will receive an appointment date and pre and post-surgery instructions. Do NOT bring pets to registration.
There may be a one to two-month wait. If your pet is pregnant or could become pregnant before the appointment, we strongly urge you to have her spayed immediately with a local veterinarian, or at another low-cost clinic. Try the Humane Society of Parkersburg low-cost spay/neuter clinic, 304-917-4275. Click here for a list of other regional clinics (scroll to Low Cost Spay/Neuter & Vaccinations).
DIRECT ALL INQUIRIES TO ACHS at firstname.lastname@example.org (preferred) or call our info line and listen to the outgoing message at (740) 592-6047. Do NOT contact local veterinarians directly about ACHS spay/neuter clinics. It is not their responsibility to answer questions about fees, dates, cancellations, registration, policies, etc.
Qualifications for Reduced Fees
To qualify for reduced spay or neuter prices you must:
- Provide proof of Athens Co. residency with a photo I.D., utility bill, etc.
- Provide proof of financial assistance from one of the listed qualifications below.
- Ohio Works First schedule letter (with ACJFS verification form)
- Ohio Direction Card (with ACJFS verification form)
- WIC card (with ACJFS verification form)
- Section 8 housing voucher
- Ohio Medicaid Card
- Veterans Benefits Administration letter acknowledging service-related disability
- Supplemental Security Income benefits letter
- Social Security Disability benefits letter
- Current tax return showing that your family income does not exceed 150% of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services poverty guidelines (see chart below).
|Persons in Family/Household||Income less than|
|For each additional person, add||$6,240|
Open to anyone regardless of income or county of residence. However, so that grant and donated funds can help low-income Athens Co. residents, please use your local veterinarian if possible.
|Surgery with mandatory rabies vaccination (in heat/pregnant + $5 – $10)|
|Weight (lbs.)||Spay with mandatory rabies vaccination (in heat/pregnant + $5)||Neuter with mandatory rabies vaccination|
Reduced fees for those who qualify for financial assistance (click Reduced Fee Eligibility tab above).
|Regular procedure||In heat/pregnant (+$10)|
|Weight (lbs.)||Regular spay||In heat/pregnant (+$10)||Regular neuter|